The educational program “applied economics and statistical modeling” is aimed at training specialists for analytical work in public authorities, in private companies, in centers of applied economic analysis, who are able to organize and conduct research work using modern methods of processing and interpreting statistical data.
Academic degree: bachelor’s degree in economics and business
Form of training: full-time, full-time with the use of remote technologies
Duration of study:
- 4 years after secondary education
- 3 years after secondary vocational education
- 2 years after higher education
The educational program “applied economics and statistical modeling” is aimed at training specialists for analytical work in public authorities, in private companies, in centers of applied economic analysis, who are able to organize and conduct research work using modern methods of processing and interpreting statistical data
- Practice-oriented training
- Using innovative learning technologies
- Training in Kazakh, Russian and English languages
- Language training, including the study of a number of special courses in English;
- Practical training in the best domestic and foreign companies in Kazakhstan;
- Academic mobility;
- Highly qualified teaching staff;
- Training and 95% employment of competitive graduates
The main difference between the programs ” Economics “and” Applied Economics and Statistical Modeling ” is the different profile orientation in the senior courses. In the program “Applied Economics and Statistical Modeling”, students study more deeply the mathematical disciplines, statistics, programming and data analysis.
Specialists will possess a fundamental set of knowledge in the field of:
- fields of economics, mathematics, statistics and computer technology;
- good language training, including the study of a number of special courses in English;
- mastering statistical methods of collecting, processing and analyzing economic information;
- mastering the international methodology of statistics.
Graduates of the educational program “Applied Economics and Statistical Modeling” will be able to use models and methods of data analysis to evaluate the data obtained. The results can be the basis for making business decisions, understanding the situation, for example, to represent the behavior of the buyer or for the purpose of forecasting or assessing risks. They may be experts, and the need for them may be, for example, to assist in the collection, processing, interpretation, analysis, and prediction of statistical data.
CURRENT AND EXCLUSIVE COURSES
- Instrumental methods of the digital economy
- Simulation and statistical modeling
- Data analysis in economics
- Risk assessment and management
- Macroeconomic statistics
- Game Theory
TEACHERS, BUSINESS COACHES
At the graduating department of the specialty “Applied Economics and Statistical Modeling”, classes are conducted by highly qualified specialists, including 3 doctors and 5 candidates of economic sciences, 3 phd doctors. Every year, teachers undergo research internships, advanced training courses abroad, as well as courses to improve the English language. The main task of the team is to ensure further improvement of the level of training of competitive specialists for international and domestic companies. Employees of the department regularly take part in international scientific and practical conferences, symposiums, congresses in the countries of near and far abroad; publish articles, scientific reports, theses in scientific publications of foreign universities and other scientific centers.
Specialists, business coaches, businessmen and representatives of foreign companies, foreign teachers are involved in improving the practical skills necessary for rapid adaptation in the international business environment. Their practical experience, combined with theoretical, methodological, and fundamental foundations, enriches the educational process in this specialty.
- Turan-Astana University
- Karaganda Economic University of Kazpotrebsoyuz
- Innovative Eurasian University
- Kazakhstan Engineering and Pedagogical University of Peoples ‘ Friendship
- Triple Helix Association (Triple Helix Association)
- Association of Higher Educational Institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Association of users of the scientific and educational computer network of Kazakhstan kazrena
- Institute of Economics of the Committee of Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- B. Suleimenov Institute of Oriental Studies of the Committee of Science of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- International Business Academy ID-GROUP
- International Institute of Leadership( International Institute of Management), Kazakhstan
- Institute of World Economy and International Relations (Kazakhstan)
- NPP “Atameken”
- Technopark ” Alatau»
- Coca-Cola Almaty Bottlers
- DB of Sberbank of Russia JSC»
- JSC “Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan”
- LLP “Solutions for trade Marketing”
- LLP “NN Logistics”
- Training Center ABC Almaty Bank
International cooperation in the field of scientific and educational activities with partner universities and other organizations:
- The Pennsylvania State University, College of Agricultural Science (Pennsylvania, USA).
- Graduate School of Management in Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain).
- University of Applied Sciences Zittau/Goerlitz (Zittau/ Goerlitz, Germany).
- International Center for Education and Scientific Information-Interkulturelle Weiterbildungsgesellschaft e. V. (Dusseldorf, Germany)
- University of Pécs (Pecs, Hungary).
- Budapest Metropolitan University (Budapest, Hungary).
- WSG University of Economy in Bydgoszcz (Bydgoszcz, Poland)
- Siauliai University (Siauliai, Lithuania).
- Latvijas Biznesa koledža, LBK (Riga, Latvia).
- Baltic International Academy (Riga, Latvia).
- Varna University of Economics (Varna, Bulgaria).
- Tsenov Academy of Economics (Svishtov, Bulgaria).
- Kastamonu University (Kastamonu, Turkey).
- Kıbrıs Amerikan Üiversitesi (Nicosia, Republic of Cyprus).
- One Asia Foundation (Japan).
- Peoples ‘ Friendship University of Russia (Moscow, Russia).
- All-Russian Academy of Foreign Trade of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation (Moscow, Russia).
- Institute of Economics and Crisis Management (Moscow, Russia).
- Moscow Financial and Industrial University “Synergy” (Russia).
- Saint-Petersburg State University of Economics (Saint-Petersburg, Russia).
- Institute of World Economy and Finance (Astrakhan, Russia).
- Institute of Management and Business of Zh. Balasagyn KNU (Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic).
- Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University named after B. N. Yeltsin (Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic).
- Jalal-Abad State University (Jalal-Abad, Kyrgyz Republic).
CAREER PROSPECTS (PROFESSIONS)
The professional activity of a specialist and a bachelor with an economic education in the specialty “Economics” is carried out in the economic, financial, and industrial spheres, both at the national and international level. Graduates of the specialty “Economics” are focused on senior positions in the financial, commercial, production departments of enterprises and firms, regardless of their form of ownership and organizational and legal status.
Career prospects of graduates of the specialty ” Economics»:
- State structures: ministries and departments related to the organization and regulation of the national economy;
- Non-state structures associated with economic activity;
- At enterprises and organizations of all forms of ownership;
- Banking institutions;
- Insurance companies;
- Highly qualified analysts, experts, researchers and teachers in the field of economics.
In fact, the list of industries where an economist can go to work covers almost all areas of our life.