Today the Faculty of Economics is one of the leading educational centers of the country for training of personnel in all spheres of economy and business.
The faculty prepares competitive, highly qualified specialists who meet the modern requirements of the labor market and meet the best international educational standards.
The traditional features of teaching at the faculty involves a combination of fundamental theoretical education and formation of entrepreneurial skills and managerial competencies.
The Dissertation Council carries out its work on educational programs 8D04101 (6D050600) “Economics”, 8D04102 (6D050700) “Management”, 8D04103 (6D050900) “Finance”.
The faculty provides a full educational cycle of training for specialists in Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD programs in three languages: State (Kazakh), Russian and English.
The teaching staff is represented by prominent scientists, experienced teachers of higher education (professors, associate professors), practitioners in the sphere of economics, information technology, public administration and business representatives (more than 150 people):
- Alshanov Rahman Alshanovich – Rector of the University, Doctor of Economics, Professor of World and National Economy Department, Holder of the Order “Qazaqstannyn enbek sinirgen kairatkeri”, Holder of the Order of “Friendship of Peoples”, Winner of the titles “Honored Worker of the Republic of Kazakhstan” and “Excellent Educator of the Republic of Kazakhstan”, Holder of Chokan Valikhanov State Prize.
- Dzhaparov Boris Alekenovich – General Director of KAZREN, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor of Information Technology Department, Holder of the Order “Qurmet”, Holder of Altynsarin medal.
- Serik Akhmetzhanovich Akhanov – Honorary Chairman of the Council of the Association of Financiers of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Member of the AFC Council, Doctor of Economics, Professor of Finance Department, Holder of the Orders “Qurmet”, “Parasat”, “Barys III degree”.
- Arupov Akimzhan Arupovich – Doctor of Economics, Professor, Director of the Institute of World Economy and International Relations;
- Abdiev Kali Seilbekovich – Doctor of Pedagogical Sciences, Professor, Director of the Research Institute of Informatization in Education;
- Yerzhanov Mukhtar Saltayevich – Doctor of Economics, Professor of Accounting and Audit Department, Member of the Audit Quality Control Committee. Holder of the Medal “For Impeccable Business Reputation” (Higher Institute of Business and Management, Switzerland, Geneva), Holder of Baitursunov Medal from the Association of Higher Education Institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan; Holder of the badges of MES RK “For Services in Development of Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan” and the Chamber of Auditors “Honorary Member of the Chamber of Auditors of the Republic of Kazakhstan”;
- Tleuberdinova Aizhan Toktarovna – Doctor of Economics, Professor of Marketing and Logistics Department, Holder of the state grant “Best University Teacher” (2008 and 2014), Certificates (2017).
- Aryshev Vasiliy Andreevich, Candidate of Economics, Professor of Accounting and Audit Department, Holder of the badge “For Outstanding Achievements” (1990), Certificates (2017).
- Margatskaya Galina Stepanovna – Candidate of Economics, Professor of Finance Department, Holder of the state grant “Best University Teacher” (2011), Holder of the badge of the Trade Union of Education and Science Workers of the Republic of Kazakhstan “For Contribution to Development of Education and Science” (2012), Holder of the badge of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan “For Services in Development of Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan” (2017).
- Mukhamedkarimova Anelia Malikovna – the marketing expert of the EBRD program “Women in Business”, Executive Director of the Kazakhstan Marketing Association, a business disciplines teacher with the status of Apple Teacher, the organizer and head of the Republican contest “Digital Ustaz” in Almaty.
- Abilshaikov Nariman Baktybayevich – First Deputy of the Board of NCE RK “Atameken”.
- Koshmambetov Aituar Askarovich – Director of the Chamber of Entrepreneurs of Almaty.
The departments of the faculty are members of the International Triple Helix Association and professional associations:
- Finance Department is a member of the Association of Financiers of Kazakhstan;
- Marketing and Logistics Department is a member of the Kazakhstan Marketing Association; European Logistics Association; Kazakhstan Logistics Cluster
- Accounting and Audit Department is a partner of the Chamber of Auditors of the Republic of Kazakhstan, The Boss Media group LLP / portal “Uchet.kz”, Professional Organization of Accountants “Academy of Professional Accountants “Accounting”;
- Information Technology Department is a member of Microsoft IT Academy.
The National Certification Center for Logisticians of Kazakhstan and Central Asia, which is part of the European Logistics Association (ELA), has been opened on the basis of Turan University since 2020. The Company creates one National Certification Center (NCC) in each country, in Kazakhstan and Central Asia it was created on the basis of the University “Turan”.
Within the framework of the NCC:
– audit of educational programs on modules in the field of logistics;
– exams on the 3rd levels of certification:
- operational logistician;
- senior logistics;
- master of logistics.
Appropriate programs, tests and own standards have been developed for each level of the system
Economist Readers’ Club
At the “World and National Economy” Department there is a specialized office “Economist Readers’ Club”, equipped with an interactive whiteboard with Internet access, educational and scientific literature. Since 2019, the Department has held various events for the club: competitions, prize drawings, round tables. Active participants-readers of classical economic literature become winners of republican and international competitions: economy.kz/ru/Zas_zertteush_2020, www.kaznu.kz/ru/25827
Since 2022, Turan University, with the support of the Financial Monitoring Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan, has been a member of the International Network Institute (INI)
The International Network Institute in the Field of countering the laundering of proceeds from crime and the financing of terrorism is a modern scientific and educational consortium that unites financial universities, scientific and educational centers of the member States of the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Eurasian Group on Countering the Legalization of Criminal Proceeds and the Financing of Terrorism.
In November 2022, the “Project Management Certification Center” was opened at «Turan» University, together with the Union of Project Managers and the International Academy of Informatization.
The main activities are:
- formation and further development of the «Turan» University Project Office;
- development and implementation of joint educational programs (master’s, MBA, doctoral studies);
- holding joint conferences, symposiums, lectures, seminars, exhibitions, round tables;
- organization on the basis of MAIN and SPM RK of scientific and other internships and practices for students and faculty;
- organization of professional certification in project management of students;
- organization of publications on project management in specialized journals;
- development and implementation of national and international educational programs and projects.
Since 2016, the Faculty of Economics of the University «Turan» has been implementing the project «Turan Entrepreneurship»
The purpose of the project: preparation of initiative student youth for modern entrepreneurial activity
To succeed, you need to either change your dreams or improve your skills.
“Turan” University, being one of the first and largest non-state universities in Kazakhstan, positions itself as an innovative and entrepreneurial university, competitive in the global educational space, providing high quality education and personal development. In this regard, the Economics Faculty initiated the Small School of Entrepreneurship for college and school students.
- Your personal brand
- Your productive time
- Your information security.
Graduates of the faculty are the pride of the department and are employed in all regions of Kazakhstan and abroad in prestigious companies and banks in key positions.
- Abdirayim Bakytzhan Zharylkasynuly – Chairman of the Board of Directors of Astana Medical University, Honorary Academician of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Academician of the Academy of Legal Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Doctor of Law, Professor;
- Bubeev Mukhtar Saparalievich – General Director of the Committee of the Astana International Financial Center for Regulation of Financial Services, PhD;
- Margatsky Roman Vladimirovich – Vice President of Fintech Holding IDF Eurasia (Kazakhstan), Candidate of Economics, Associate Professor;
- Salimov Timur Rafkhatovich – Chairman of the Board of “Halyk Global Markets” JSC (SB “Halyk Bank of Kazakhstan” JSC);
- Zhaksybek Shyngys – Chairman of the Management Board of Kazkommerts Securities
- Tatyana Kim – a professional auditor, General Director of the audit company “Allian-Audit”;
- Edilbaeva Dana – a professional auditor, Senior Manager of Audit Department at Deloitte LLP;
- Sarsenov Maxim Malikovich – an entrepreneur, the founder of ECOTAXI;
- Ashmetov Alibek Sakenovich – Director of NPP RK “Atameken” in the North Kazakhstan region;
- Tatybaev Saparaly Kuttybaevich – Executive Director of Association of Users of scientific and educational computer network of Kazakhstan KazRENA;
- Beisekeev Talgat Berikovich – Deputy Director of Liability Insurance Department, Kommesk-Omir Insurance Company JSC;
- Telgozhaev Adilet Zhakensheuly – Mars Kazakhstan – Corporate Affairs.