Date of creation: January 2021
Contacts: email – email@example.com, internal phone number – 1047
Purpose of activity:
Research of scientific, methodological and actual practical problems of informatization of higher education in accordance with the University’s Quality Assurance Policy
- Conducting scientific research on the problems of informatization of the educational process, the introduction of digital technologies in the study of disciplines of the basic and specialized level.
- Development and implementation of projects on theoretical and applied research in the direction of “ICT in education and science”: on the principle of self-sufficiency; university level; on grants from the MES of RK and other organizations.
- Attraction of extra-budgetary funds for the development of the directions of the Institute’s activities.
Main directions of activity:
- joint research with other scientific organizations on the problems of informatization of education, the introduction of digital technologies;
- participation in applied research and implementation of projects for the introduction of ICT in the educational process;
- attracting students, undergraduates and doctoral students in scientific and innovative projects.
The Institute is currently working on the following projects:
The development of a model for assessing professional competencies at the stages of formation at a university (on the example of educational programs for the direction of ICT training) is implemented at the expense of a grant from the Committee of Science of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education. The implementation period is from August 2022 to December 2024. Research group: Abdiev K.S., NII IO, Primbetova G.S., dep. “Psychology”, Omarova U.Sh., department. “IT”, Zhasandykyzy M., department. “KPI”.
The aim of the project is to develop a model for assessing the competencies of undergraduate graduates in accordance with the requirements of professional standards (PS). For 2022, the following work was done:
- An analysis of sources on the project topic was carried out: the problem of “knowledge gap” in preparing for qualification exams, the formation of professional competencies as the results of higher education,
- A review of the approaches used in the external and internal assessment of the level of professional competencies according to the requirements of the PS of the ICT industry in Kazakhstan and other countries was carried out.
Development of profession cards for the PS “Teacher” – “Organizer of the testing process”, “Organizer of the formation of the base of tasks”, “Developer of test tasks”, “Testologist” – a joint project with the National Testing Center, NGO “Assessment of the quality of education in Kazakhstan”. A survey of specialists from universities and testing centers has been conducted, and an article on the results of the survey is being prepared for publication.
The Institute is a co-executor of the following projects:
task 1: Creation of an information system for familiarizing teaching staff with new teaching methods and their implementation in the educational process. Project “Depository “Innovative teaching methods and learning technologies”
task 2: Implementation of the transition to the digital format of educational and methodological complexes, all educational publications. Project “Author of a digital educational publication”
task 4: Development of an internal system for assessing the quality of learning outcomes. Formation of the Fund of tasks for the assessment.